Kids On The Move also came today to see if Maximus qualifies for the program. And he does of course! Usually it takes 45 days from the first visit to get approved, well they approved me on the spot. (I'm sure the fact that he has a rare condition had NOTHING to do with it) They basically told me they want him, they want to learn from him and want to teach me how to keep him on track! It made me feel good, but at the same time I'm thinking my son is NOT a science experiment! But I'm happy to get the word out and educate people on Goltz. Kids On The Move were very impressed with me (not bragging), I am a very organized person. I have a 3 inch binder full of all the paper work we have received and continue to receive so I have all the information for all the different Dr's and programs and people that are interested. It's organized with a calendar and dividers for each specific Dr and things to make it easier mostly on me. They loved that! They were also worried about my well being but were also impressed at how well I was handling it. I guess I just feel like I have a pretty normal baby! He is doing so good so far and just has a few milestones to get over. So why stress about it? Why treat him different when he's not? I just know that I have to be the best for him and getting depressed or letting things get in the way is not going to help him stay on track or get better. They were also impressed with Maximus, he is pretty average in most areas. Just going to work on motor skills, strengthening his neck muscles, his jaw muscles, and his eye coordination. They will come back on the 28th to make some goals for him and for me, things to work on with him everyday. I'm pretty excited about being a part of their group. Also there are support groups that they have too and I am exited to meet other moms that have gone through or are going through similar things.
We go to our pediatrician again tomorrow to see what Max weighs. I'm hoping close to 9 lbs! He seems like he is bigger and gaining weight! So I'm praying for it. I'll let you know what happens.
Last night, Maximus found his thumb! Little stinker. It was cute though (pic below) also we heard a cute little laugh last night when I was doing patty cake with him. I tried to get it on video but by the time I got Tony to come record it for me he was done laughing. I did get a few more smiles out of him though. (video).
This is him doing tummy time sucking on his binki sideways and his thumb is in the hole of the binki.
Me and him hanging out last night watching The Bachelor
"I found my thumb!"
"Yum!"
2 comments:
That so cool Brands, I am so happy that you are doing well, that Max is well, and you guys adjusting.
I know what you mean when you say that there is no point in getting upset or depressed. I feel the same way at this point. Whatever happens happens. :)
You and him are both AMAZING! I love reading your posts!
Post a Comment