Monday, February 27, 2012

Look Familiar?

Maximus was admitted to the hospital tonight. He hasn't been eating very good at all for a couple days. At first I thought maybe it was just because of his shots, but it's just gotten worse since we started supplementing formula. He just doesn't eat well. He acts like it hurts to swallow and I know that is not normal. I got really worried after last night when he went most of Sunday not eating and then last night and most of today not doing well. So I called the pediatrician at 9. He didn't get back to me until 6:30 and he gave us two options.

1. To change his formula to a high tolerance and put him on Prevacid to see if he has some acid reflux. He thinks maybe he has some.

Or

2. Put him in the hospital and do some testing on his esophagus, and intestines, basically testing everything they can to find out why he won't eat.

We opted for the second because we were already discussing getting tests on his stomach and throat. And I'm super nervous that something is wrong. I hope I'm wrong and nothing is going on. But I want to do what's best for him even if it means putting a feeding tube on him for a while, which is still an option.

Maximus is doing great! He was a happy camper the whole time being hooked up to all the familiar cords. He doesn't have to have an IV yet so that's good. Tomorrow they will do a Upper GI test. Basically they put dye into him and track how it flows through his body. And the will also check his esophagus for any lesions or sores.

As far as me and Tony go, we are doing pretty good. It sucks being in the hospital again, but we are hoping to get it solved soon. We will be here three days. We are both staying tonight. Tony took work off tomorrow but will go back Wednesday so I'll stay here the rest of the time and he will be here when he's not at work. I'm pretty exhausted but I know what I need to do for my son is important so it makes it worth it. I love him so much and I just want him to be comfortable and gain weight! I'll keep updating as we find things out. Tonight we are just doing test weights on him. Weighing him before feeding and then after to see how much he is getting. We will see how it goes!

Thanks to all those keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. We love you!



No comments: