Thursday, February 23, 2012

Not a good day

Went to Maximus's two month check up today and didn't get the best news. He only barely weighs 9 lbs. Not what I was hoping for. He was suppose to be at least 9 lbs 12 oz, to catch up. The Dr told me to feed him every two hours, get a bottle that resembles the breast and up the formula in the bottle. We go back in two weeks to see where his weight is. If he is still not gaining what he should be, then the next step is possibly putting a feeding tube in his stomach. So I am a little stressed, and worried about him. I need him to gain weight! I don't want to have to out him on a feeding tube. I mean if that's what we have to do then I will do my best. Maximus also got three vaccines today. We waited on the Hep B because he is so small still. So he will get that at a later time. All I have to say is I'm glad I don't have to be the one giving those shots! Poor guy! He cried so hard. I felt so awful. He hasn't felt good since, has slept most of the day, won't eat hardly at all (which worries me more) and has a slight fever. But I'm hoping it won't last more than a few days.

Tony's brother came over after the appointment and helped Tony give Maximus a blessing. It was so good, and has helped me today. We just need all the prayers we can get right now! I just want my little man to be ok. Thanks to all those who continue praying and supporting us and our son. We appreciate all of you.

1 comment:

Cadence said...

Lots of prayers and love coming your way. Also, let me know what the other ladies and I can do to make things a bit easier. We love you.