Thursday, February 9, 2012

8 7.5

Just got back from the Dr and running a few errands. By myself! I have to admit I was a little nervous going out by myself carrying oxygen, Maximus in his carseat, a diaper bag and getting there on time, but I did pretty good! Maximus did well too, he slept the whole time and we are home now and he is still snoozing (time for a nap!).  I also stopped to a lactation clinic and the grocery store. 

Maximus now weighs 8 lbs 7.5 oz! Yay! Not up to the 8 lbs 12 oz we and the Dr wanted him at, but he's gaining! So thats good. Dr is going to have me keep doing what I've been doing but add a tsp. of Gerber formula to his 2 oz bottle and see if he will tolerate it. I think he will but we will see later today when I feed him. I'm also directed to give him an infant multi vitamin too. We go back to the Dr in 2 weeks and are hoping for at least 9 lbs. But at this point as long as he keeps gaining weight I'm not going to worry. Dr also says he is staying within his curve as far as measurements go, so as long as he keeps going along the curve, not to worry. Plus the other day at the Geneticist he said that Max is on the smaller side and thats part of Goltz Syndrome. Also Maximus moves and moves and moves when he is alert and awake, whether he is on the floor, in your arms, bouncer, anywhere he is awake. So he is constantly burning calories. When he is doing that a lot durning the day the Dr said to wrap him up or hold him tight so he won't do it as much and burn off his calories as fast. I'll have to capture some video of his moves! He's pretty cute.

Well Valentine's Day is just around the corner! Wahoo! I'm not really big on Valentine's Day but this year I'm excited for it for some reason. Maybe it's because my sister Rosey bought Maximus the cutest little Valentine's onsie. Or maybe because I really really want to see The Vow! Or maybe just spending time with my Tony is what I'm looking forward to. Is anybody else looking forward to Valentine's or do you despise the holiday? What are you doing? What do you want from your sweetheart? Or what are you getting them? I'm going to make Tony go to The Vow with me on Monday night (he has to work late on Valentines). And I would really LOVE to have one of these...


I have no idea what do get or do for Tony. But I'm sure I'll come up with something! Hope your all having a good day! Can't wait for the weekend, and Monday night!

1 comment:

Grandmagwen said...

Elaine told me about your blog, so had to check it out and see your progress. Congratulations! He is a beautiful baby! So glad to see how positive you guys are. He looks like a regular little "porker". Kiss those cute chubby cheeks for us.