Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Rough Day

Today has been pretty rough. Max has not been awake hardly at all, it's been a challenge getting him to eat for more than a couple minutes. It's taken me over an hour to get him full because he is just too wiped out and tired. We thought we were going home today, but turns out the Echo from yesterday said that his pulmonary Hypertension is still there enough that he needs to be on oxygen a little longer. So we have to stay at least another night to learn how to adjust to taking care of him on our own with the oxygen. We went through the CPR training and we will be learning how to hook him up to all of his stuff in a few min or so. I was really hoping for better news but at least its just a few monitors and oxygen. They say he may only need it for a month so we are crossing our fingers. I've had an emotional day, he had to get his eyes checked today and for the most part it was good news. It was traumatizing for me to watch him get them checked, he was not a happy little man. He will most likely be able to see out of his right eye just fine, his left eye they are unsure of and won't know more until about 6 months. He may have to wear glasses for a while. He has whats called a key hole eye where the color doesn't completely develop so the pupil is shaped differently. It's hardly noticeable, in fact Tony and I noticed it first and asked to have them checked. So we are hoping for better news in 6 months and that he will be able to see out of both of them. He also had his hearing checked and passed with 100%! Yay! Good news! I was very happy to hear that. He also passed his car seat test with flying colors. He was asleep when I put him in it and stayed asleep the whole 90 min! Anyways, that's a little update for now. Here are a few pics for the day. 


The sunset as we walked in the NICU tonight, this picture doesn't do it justice but it was beautiful. I haven't been outside of the hospital in days so it was wonderful! 



Hangin' out in the car seat! 

2 comments:

The Elbaba's said...

Brandi, he is beautiful. You both are so strong for this little guy and are going to be wonderful parents to a special little guy!

Jessica GaleForce said...

I think Chase Raymond had something similar with one of his eyes, though Im not completely sure.