Sunday, December 25, 2011

A little video

Merry Christmas everyone!

Here is a little video of Maximus I took last night when we said goodbye after I was discharged from the hospital. It was so hard leaving and not taking my baby home, but I know he is in good hands.


The nurse he has had the last couple of days has been awesome. We love her. She is gone for 4 days now and we and Maximus will miss her! You can just tell she has a lot of love for our little guy, we think she requested to be with him on her shifts. This morning I got a phone call from the neonatal Dr that is on his case. Dr Marelli and she said that she thinks at this point the only thing holding him back from coming home is being able to nurse. They want him to nurse for the milk and for the endorphins he will get from nursing. So the Dr wants me at as many feeding times I can be to get him to figure it out so he can come home. So at 10 this morning we headed over to try it for the 3rd time and he wasn't going to have anything to do with it. He got very upset and was crying pretty hard. I felt so bad for the little guy. After a few minutes we let him just have skin to skin contact and he fell asleep for a good half hour with me. It was the best! I just enjoyed every second of it and he was so content and comfortable. We are going back here in a few minutes to try again, wish us luck this time! Here are a few more photos. 



1 comment:

Melanie said...

He looks so good in the video! I hope he gets the feeding down soon!