Friday, December 30, 2011

Home = Excitement and Exhaustion!

Maximus got to come home yesterday! We left the hospital just after noon and it feels so good to be home. Mommy and Daddy can get somewhat of a rest without being interrupted a million times by nurses needing this or that, and Maximus isn't being poked and prodded at (other than his cheeks every once and a while by mom, I can't resist!) on a constant basis either. He had to come home on Oxygen and with a heart monitor but it's manageable. A little hard to get used to carrying around two cords and a monitor along with Maximus but it gets easier every time I have to move him or take him to another room. We got an oxygen tank delivered yesterday with a 50 foot cord, so I can take him pretty much every where I need to. Maximus has adjusted well so far. Other than the little stinker thinks it's fun to be awake from about 4am - 9am and won't sleep. So therefore Mom and Dad are up trying to either sooth him because he has a tummy ache (gas) or trying to get him to sleep or eat. It seems like just as we get him to calm down, asleep and back in bed and comfortable ourselves about to fall asleep he starts fussing and gets louder and louder until you pay attention to him. We're going to have to fix this before Daddy has to go back to work next week! I am extremely exhausted and in pain a lot today. Coming home sure wore me right out so much stuff and I can't do much of it even though I tried. Plus getting up and out of bed every half our or less doesn't help with a C-Section, makes it very painful at times even though I stay on top of my medicine. Can I just tell you how much I love my little guy? I can't get enough of him! I feel so privileged to be his mom. I sometimes can't believe that Heavenly Father sent him to me. I don't know what I did to deserve such a special little miracle. 

We got the news before we left the NICU that he passed his hearing test 100%! Wahoo he can hear! It doesn't mean it can't change, but they were pretty confident it wouldn't. Also, we found out he has key hole shaped eyes. Meaning the color didn't develop 100% and we know for sure that he will see out of his right eye. As far as his left, we are not sure yet. He may or may not and we won't know until after he is six months. He may need to wear glasses to see if they can help him with it. Also his left eye is slightly smaller than the right, but not too noticeable at this point. I'm not going to worry about it until we get more info and I will continue to pray that over time they will develop just fine. Here are some pics of coming home (in no particular order, I hate trying to change them around):

The big oxygen tank


Our travel tanks


His heart monitor


My outfit drowns me, but don't I look cute?!


Excited to go home! (Pic taken in the room we stayed in at the NICU)


Walking out of the NICU (the nurse was so nice and cute with him and so good to us)


Getting in the truck


Driving away (Yay!)



My cute sister Rosey and her husband decorated our house for us (thanks guys)


Tony carrying him inside


Yay! I'm home and so comfy!



Daddy's boy!


Another pic of dad carrying me inside


Dad's job: Tummy time 30 min a day!


Night night

1 comment:

Jerry and Ella said...

Love this Kid!! He is so cute. You are lucky and so are the rest of us!!