Maximus had his first real bath last night! (at 1am mind you, triplets were being born so he had to wait). He loved just sitting in the warm water all snuggled in a blanket. He didn't like mommy washing him. He wanted to just relax, I don't blame him. But he did pretty good! I was so proud of him. I was a little worried about what the soap would do to his skin but it was pretty mild and not a whole lot. This morning it doesn't look worse so I think we're ok! Yay! His skin is starting to clear up here and there. He still has the one on his head that's pretty bad and the one on his leg is still there and he has a few that look like little rashes here and there but they don't seem to bother him too much. He is also eating really really good. He is usually starving by the time I get to him. Sometimes he goes 4 hours without getting hungry. The only concern we have as of last night is his weight. He's dropped a few more ounces than they wanted but he is still in the first week so we are hoping that will come up and not be too big of an issue. Also we think we are going home today!!! He just has to pass his oxygen off so we don't have to take it home with us and stay another night to learn all that comes with that. And then also he needs to pass the car seat test, 90 min in the car seat with dropping below his normal levels. We are crossing our fingers!
As far as mom goes, I over did it a little yesterday. It's so hard not to when your here at the hospital and have to walk a lot and learn all the little things to care for him when we get home. But it's worth it. I just hope I don't set myself back. I'm exhausted! Being home will be much more comfortable. Can't wait. Anyway here are a few pics.





No comments:
Post a Comment