Monday, March 19, 2012

We are home!!

We finally made it home today at about 11am. I was so ready to get out of there. Last night I seriously almost packed up and left I was so frustrated with the nurses. EVERY TIME I would get him bundled up and back to sleep, and me back to sleep, someone would come back in, unwrap him and start taking vitals or listen to his lungs. I wouldn't wake up until they started and he made noise because I was so tired. But I would have said something if I had. And before I went to bed I told the nurse I would come get her at 4:30am to do his weight and they could do vitals on him then! She comes in at 3:15. Literally 5 min after I'd gotten back into bed she wheels the scale in. So I sat up and said (as if I'd been asleep), "Is it 4:30? Did I sleep through my alarm?". She said oh yeah we aren't supposed to do this until 4:30 right?

RIGHT!!! Just like I told you at midnight, when I went to bed. Thanks. Ah. I was so frustrated. I'm so glad I caught her before she unbundled him and got him all undressed. I was so ready to see the Dr this morning and do happy to hear him say lets get you home today!

Maximus did lose a little again. I've been hoping he'd have gained with how good he ate yesterday. I was so frustrated cuz I tried so hard to get his weight up. The plan is to go until Thursday and feed him 2 ounces every two hours (even through the night), and then if he doesn't finish his bottle within 20-25 min put the rest in his NG tube. Then we will see him thursday and weigh him and see where he is at. Then depending on where he is at we will see him a week from Thursday and during the week between we will just feed him without putting anything down his NG even if he leaves some in the bottle. We will see how much weight he will gain from that and if it's enough and the Dr and I are comfortable we will remove the NG tube. I'm praying my guts out my little guy will learn how to eat on his own and all of his bottle. Anyways, so that's the plan for the next two weeks.

Today's plan: cleaned up the house a little with my awesome MIL's help. Now, uninterrupted sleep, eat, uninterrupted sleep, eat, play on my iPad my amazing husband bought me! (which I'm currently using to blog, I love it!) Later, maybe the gym to start working off that 10lbs I gained while being in there and the baby fat, dinner and then off to bed as early as 10!

No comments: