Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hanging out on a lazy Sunday

Hopefully today will be the last day at the hospital! Maximus is starting to do so much better! He doesn't sleep much the last few days. Too much going on I guess. But he's happy for the most part. I put him in the bath today and he was going crazy! He loves loves his baths! He was kicking and flailing so much I and the tub was soaked! He ha so much fun. He has also started rubbing his eyes when he's tired. It's so cute. He is laughing quite a bit too. I love it! His coughing isn't gone and he still sounds raspy and wheezy every once and a while, but he is eating great and hopefully we will get rid of his NG tube soon.

Things I've learned/discovered while being here:

- Oreo shakes and cheese sandwiches from Cafe West are going to be the death of me if I don't get out if here! I seriously have gained probably 5-10 lbs! It's horrible.

- If your nursing and stressed, fatigued, or sick (I've been all of the above). Your milk supply disappears. BUT luckily someone threw a bunch of herbs together and called it mothers love and it works great at bringing it back! (warning it tastes nasty! I got the liquid kind because it works faster)

- I've learned how to do the nurses job and had to a few nights here because it's so packed here and they are short staffed.

- I've been told by 3 different nurses that I'm the most organized, clean and competent mom they have ever seen. Thanks! I'll take that compliment!

- I DON'T WANT TO BE BACK AGAIN UNTIL HE HAS SURGERY!!!

- My son is so happy no matter what! He is seriously the best little trooper ever!

Here is a pic of him hanging out with us on the "bed" that I sleep on. Seriously we are crunched! But comfy cuddling together.

PS
I have an interesting poll on the side of the blog... Thanks Aunt Ding Dong for sharing and giving me the idea! Vote which one you would rather be and if you want leave a comment as to why you chose that one!

Would you rather...

1. Be obese and rich, but you can't lose the weight no matter what, you have to stay obese.

or

2. Be skinny and poor, but can't ever do anything to become rich. 

No comments: