My baby is 3 months old today!! It's crazy. It's going by too fast. At three months Maximus:
- Lifts his head up really well
- Makes really good vowel sounds
- Loves to smile
- Has discovered his laugh, he laughs at the simplest things!
- Is 9 lbs 10.5 oz! Wahoo!
- Is still wearing newborn diapers and most if his newborn clothes. 3 months is starting to fit him better.
- Clicks his tongue
- Splashes in the bathtub! Seriously he soaks me every time!
- Likes watching the TV
Went to our follow up hospital appointment with the pediatrician today to see where his weight was and how his lungs sound. He is 9 lbs 10.5 oz, so he gained all his weight back from the 9 lbs 8 oz he was before he got sick plus to ounces. So we are happy about that. He hadn't been eating much at all and I was having to use his tube every feeding for a few days after the hospital. I was getting so frustrated and tired of it because he seemed to regress. He was taking everything in the bottle just fine until we got home. So I had been getting a feeling to just try a bottle of formula. So I finally gave in to my momstinct and gave him a bottle of just formula, he took it just fine! The whole thing! So ever since yesterday I've been giving him formula with about a half an ounce of breast milk mixed in it because I don't want to stop giving him that. He's doing great! I'm hoping by next Thursday at our billionth weight follow up appointment that he is over 10 lbs! I've said that weight mark forever but I just want him to be bigger and 10 lbs will seem big to me. I mean my nephew was 11 lbs at birth so at 3 months Maximus should be at least that. The Dr was joking today that we gave him the wrong name and might want to change it to Minimus! I was like no way! He's a fighter, small or not he lives up to his name!
Also, whoever says babies don't come manuals? Mine comes with 3! Well,ok not exactly manuals, but my organizational skills kicked in. But seriously it's the only way I can keep track of all the Drs, bills, appointment, paperwork, and everything else in between! I mean how many times have you taken your kids to their pediatrician? I've been at least once a week besides the hospital weeks since he was born. And even in the hospital we see him everyday.
Anyways, that's about it for now. Tony is almost done with his real estate school so that's exciting! AND I will be a stay at home mom after tomorrow or a few days next week. I just have to get everything squared away with my position. It's bitter sweet for me. I really loved my work, the people, the friends. They are like family to me. I love all of them so much! But it's just too hard not to be home. There is so much going on. Me and Tony were hoping we made the right choice and the more I think about it, our hospital stay was a confirmation to me we are doing the right thing. I'm not saying I am glad it took that by any means, just saying that was the week I was supposed to be back to work and we ended up being sick in the hospital. So I'm ok with the decision and Tony is too. It's a little scary but I have faith in my Father in Heaven that he will make it work for us.
Again I can't express it enough, thank you, thank you, thank you for the continued love, support, and prayers. We love you all!
Looks like he is praying, but these are exercises I have to help him with to strengthen his neck and head control! It works!
Went for a walk yesterday, felt good! And was so warm! He loves his stroller.
Another cute pic






1 comment:
He IS a real doll and growing so fast. You guys are doing a great job and I'm sure you won't regret staying home to tend him yourself. It WILL work out. Luvs to all of you. Frank & Gwen
Post a Comment