Thursday, February 25, 2010

It needs a lot of love, but it's ours!

Alright, so here is some pictures of our house. It's a four level split home, with a huge yard, mature tree's, in a great neighborhood! Sorry there are so many! And don't mind the ghettoness of it, we are in the process of remodeling! It's been a lot of hard work so far, but it's also been fun. We are really looking forward to the next few months of remodeling the master bedroom, the kitchen/dining, and the master bathroom. And then Iron Man will probably move in right before we get married and we will continue working on things as we can. We will eventually replace most or all of the carpet, and repaint all the walls. But for right now we are just going to work on getting it more liveable (not that its not liveable now, just not to our liking).
   The Garage (obviously.)
This is looking into the garage as if you were pulling your car in. The door goes out to the backyard, and then to the left of that is a little shed. The garage is HUGE. It's big enough we could probably fit four of my cars inside! Iron Man LOVES this. He can't wait to get toys, and more tools.
Out the garage door into the backyard! We can't wait to clean it up this summer and plant a garden in the back right corner.
The kitchen. We are pretty much going to redo most of this. There is double ovens next to the fridge on the right hand side that are still from the 60's or 70's. And the stovetop is in the middle of the island. So we are thinking about moving the fridge over to where the ovens are, and putting an oven with a stovetop where the fridge is with the microwave above it. We will be leaving all the cuboards, they are oak, so we will just sand them down a bit and refinish them. Then maybe get new countertops, I don't know though we haven't really discussed that but I hope we do because I hate the blue ones. You can't tell from the photo, but they are blue. About the color of this text.
This picture was taken in the front family area, looking at a dining room area. We are actually going to put a wall up right where those handrails are maybe put pocket or french doors in the wall. And then that back wall on the left side of the end of the hall, we are going to see if we can knock out to make the kitchen bigger. The hallway you see has solid oak floors, so we will just refinish that. As for the carpet, I hope to get rid of it asap, but we will probably keep it for a while until we can get everything else done that we want with the money we have.
This is the family area I was talking about before. We will just paint it, and possibly replace the windows and eventually get new carpet.
Half of the Master bedroom. I only have a picture of half of the bedroom right now. There are actually two closets in the bedroom. So we are thinking if it's possible, knock out the closet here, and extend the bathroom. But we will have to see how that goes once we get into tearing out the bathroom. The second door you see goes into the bathroom. Oh and P.S. don't you love the wallpaper?! We are thinking about keeping it...Blech. I've have decided I hate wallpaper. You will see why in some of the last pictures.
This is the hallway out of the Master bedroom. The bathroom door is on the right and there are two smaller bedrooms on the left. One will most likely be used as a nursery, :) down the road and the other will be an office for Iron Man.
Third level, huge family room with fireplace! Love it. Except I don't like that the fireplace is an insert, you can't see it in this picture but its kind of ugly and has an awkward cord for the fan that needs and extention cord to plug in. Kinda ghetto, but maybe we can fix it. I prefer real fireplaces and wish this was one, but I am just happy we have one! We will probably paint the brick again and then redo the carpet and paint the walls. This will most likely be and entertainment room!
Fourth level and bottom floor. This is looking down the hallway. There is an understair storage to the left. Then another storage to the right, and then in the back is a huge bedroom! Probably just use it for a spare bedroom for guests. There is also another bedroom on the other end of the hall that is pretty big too, that I want to use as my craft room! Hopefully Iron man will let me!
This is the storage room on the right side of the above picture.
This is the bedroom at the end of the hall we would use as a spare bedroom.

This is what we have been working on the past few days. My back hurts so bad! But it has been pretty fun just being together doing something exciting!

Handrail out side on front porch, sanding it down to repaint it.

I spent about two hours cleaning off that awful brown wallpaper crap. The pictures above are what it looked like before I took it all down, and they were taken when I was almost done with the room.
Walls washed, and yucky wallpaper gone! It looks so much better! Now what to do about the blue paint...I'm starting to hate blue. Hay Hay on the other hand would probably love our house.
The upstairs/master bathroom. We are pretty much tearing everything out of here and starting over.
The yucky tub. I forgot take after pictures when I cleaned it up. But honestly it doesn't look much better than this and I worked really hard on it.


This is the downstairs bathroom on the third level, back of the big family room. They had painted the wallpaper red...It's been pretty hard to remove, but most of it's gone we just have to get all the little peices off the wall. Iron Man was being weird and didn't want to smile for the picture.

So anyways, that's our cute little house! We are really looking forward to getting it done. Please come back often because I may need some help in deciding paint colors and decorating ideas! Hope you enjoyed!  -Little bee

2 comments:

K. Brook said...

That's super exciting!! Congrats! :)

Roeshel said...

Congratulations on your new house! How exciting! It looks like my favorite kind of place with so much potential! I look forward to seeing your transformations!

Thanks for stopping by. I love making new friends and you made my day with your sweet comments. :)

TGIF!

Roeshel