July has been good to us so far! Here's what we've been up to!
Technically our 1st yard sale fundraiser was at the end of June, but it turned out pretty good! We had a generous turn out and we are hoping to have another good one on July 13th. If anyone has anything to donate to it we welcome it! Let us know as soon as possible so we can get things ready next week. HUGE thank you to one of my best friends and her husband and in-laws! They helped out a ton by making headbands and bows and home made suckers. Also a huge thank you to ALL those who donated items/money. And another HUGE thank you to my in-laws for being there helping the whole time with Maximus and our yard and clean up. I'm truly blessed to have such great in-laws, I couldn't ask for better ones and I hope they know how much they are appreciated! Here are a few photo's I took about half way through the yard sale.
Maximus also turned 18 months on June 22! Holy cow! Where does time go? He is getting so big. I can't believe it. He is walking pretty much everywhere now, still with a limp but we are working on it. I am so proud of him and I can't believe how far he has come. I still need to get some video of him walking and playing in his pool. We put him in nursery for the first time last Sunday. He did pretty good until we checked on him and then I had to stay with him the last 45 min. Here are some pics I took.
We also took him in to get his brace for his foot. We are still waiting on it to be made. The Dr has to do it himself because Maximus's foot is so unique. Usually they just use a pretty generic one and shape it to each persons foot, but in Maximus's case that wont work so the Dr just said he is going to take time to make one specially for him! Awesome huh? We really like the Hanger Institute! It's the same place we got his helmet done at.
Here's a video of them cutting the casting off after molding it to his foot. He was laughing the whole time!
Our 4th of July was pretty low key. We just hung out at home all day and then went to Tony's parents for the evening for good food, fireworks and games! I was horrible at getting pictures. Oh well!
Last but not least last night we were sick of sitting at home with NO AC! So we went for a drive for a few hours. We stopped and got Ice Cream and I snapped a couple of cute pics of my cute little gangsta!
We are so thankful to all those that have and are helping us to get to the research conference. I'm counting down the days now! 14! I cannot wait! We were finally able to buy our plane tickets. We also decided to take both grandma's with us to the conference as well and I am so glad and lucky to have them both come and help out with Maximus. We are still raising money for a few more medical bills and for other expenses for the trip, so if your interested in helping you still can and we appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment