We went to Shriners hospital on Monday and it was really good news! We will be doing surgery sometime in February or March. And it will be a same day surgery! Wahoo! They took more x-rays and made sure that the separation could take place and all thats holding his fingers together is skin. All the bones, nerves and stuff are there in both fingers. After surgery he will have a cast for a couple weeks and then it should be healed! Doesn't sound to awful and makes me feel better that the Dr is so confidant in that it will be a simple fix. Anyways, this is a short post too mostly because it's late and I am sick so I need some sleep to get better. It's crazy how much harder it is being sick when you have a kid. I wanted so much to stay in my bed all day today and just watch movies and eat soup. But I had to tell myself "Hey, even though your sick, be thankful you have a precious little boy in the other room who needs you." and I didn't give it another thought. I just got up and did what I needed to do and you know what? It paid off. He actually let me sleep until 10 and then after I fed him and changed him and we played and cleaned up the house a bit he took a 3 hour nap! Which did allow me to do some online shopping and watch a movie! It was great! Anyways, Me and Tony have been taking turns with moving the Elf every other day. It's been fun for us too! So here is some pics of the last day or so...
Elf on the Shelf Day 2 &3
Day 2: Tony's turn
Hanging from the kitchen shelf
Day 3: Me
A visit at Temple Square!
Day 4 is tomorrow so we will see where Tony moves him!
This was at Grandma S's house on Sunday. He was perfectly content in this baby stroller (for dolls!) He loved being pushed around in it!
Getting his finger x-rayed at Shriners. He is so good with any x-ray, he just lays there so patient checking out his surroundings. Every nurse has complimented him on how good he is! So proud!
This was today. I was doing dishes and he usually cruises around the kitchen in his walker. Well today he got to my fake pathetic Christmas tree I put up in the kitchen. I just let him go because I didn't really care, until he started eating the glitter off of the ornaments. So mischievous. I just love this boy so much! He is such a joy.
Have I mentioned that he is almost walking? Yeah it's crazy! He is so close! Oh and his birthday is in like 19 days. I can't believe it's been almost a year. I have a post coming about that. It's just going to be semi emotional for me so I gotta find some me time to write it. And I'll brace you all for it now... You can expect a post soon about more of my birthing feelings. Some of you may moan at that and not want to read it and thats fine. But those of you who do, I appreciate you letting me write about them and taking the time to read them. It helps me get through.
No comments:
Post a Comment