Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

We had a very Merry Christmas, got spoiled and loved every min with each other and our families. Maximus also had a VERY good Birthday! I worked hard to make it special, I wished I would have taken some pictures of the party setup before, but I was too busy trying to make sure it was perfect and forgot. Oh well. Here are some pictures of Birthday and Christmas...

Eating his favorite, ICE CREAM! I did a Sesame Street themed party



Present table, my sister Barbie made the ONE 


People showing up. I made the banner and all the cute signs. (Yes I got it all off of Pinterest!)



Opening Presents!



One of his favorites, it will be so fun this summer!


Getting into his cake!





His cute cake!! Made by one of Tony's friends from his old work. I loved it! And it was delicious. 




Christmas morning! Opening his stocking. He wasn't too sure about this stuff. But it was fun. I have too many pictures of Christmas so these will have to do for now. 




Maximus also had surgery on Friday the 28th. It was for his testicules that hadn't dropped. It was a little bit more emotional for mom and dad and everyone there this time for some reason. Maybe just felt bad putting him through it again, I don't know. The surgery took almost 2 hours and they had to take his left one completely out because it was under developed and wasn't going to survive. The right one was perfect and came down just fine. It was good news. His recovery from the surgery has been pretty good. Doesn't seem to be in much pain at all. However he is really sick. He woke up this morning with a fever of 102.4. He had been up all night and couldn't have any medicine until 4:30am but he fell asleep around 4am so I didn't get it down him. At 3 I took his temp and it was only 99.5 so it jumped in 4 hours to 102.4. He was miserable and so hot. I just held him until Tony got home from the gym and then he told me to call the Dr. So I did and he told us to bring him to the office he would meet us there. We hurried and put Maximus in the shower to try to bring his temp down and by the time we got to the Dr it was back down to 100.6. Dr tested him at the office for RSV and influenza and a couple of other things. They all came back negative. But he said 50% of the time they are negative at the office and positive at the hospitals lab. So he sent us there to get Maximus suctioned (which was worse than when he was 3 months old and had it). We wont know until tomorrow if he has either one. If he has RSV we can treat him at home and by taking him in to the suction clinic a couple times a day. If it's influenza we are in trouble. The medication is not completely covered by insurance and it's not cheap. Basically they want an arm and a leg for it. But it wouldn't matter anyways because our insurance runs out today. I am currently trying to get him on CHIP and praying he gets accepted until we can get him on Medicaid. I know it will all work out. Heavenly Father will come through as long as we're doing our part. And we are trying our hardest.  I love my little man so much and this past year he has shown me so much and taught me so much. I cant wait to see what the next year has in store for us. Thank you to every one of you praying and for your concern. We love you all and we hope you have a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Oma said...

Hey sweetie, love your blog! I need your email address so I can send you some 'hot deals' for Vegas. And anything else, except spam mail. Thanks, t