Sunday, October 7, 2012

Update

A little update! Maximus is doing great! His surgery on the 21st of September couldn't have gone better. I was so nervous but my little guy was a champ! The surgery was about an hour and a half and the results were what we wanted to hear. NO PULMONARY HYPERTENSION! His numbers are at a normal level! So we got the news at the first of this week that he doesn't need oxygen anymore! After almost 10 months we can get rid of it! I was so happy! Can you tell? Also while they were in there our cardiologist Dr H. wanted to close his ASD (the hole in his heart that never closed after birth). So they asked us what we wanted to do and told us of the risks and we decided to go ahead and do it. So they went in through the other leg to put a coil in his heart and close off the hole. It's crazy to me that they can go through an artery to do that now. No open heart surgery to close it off. Maximus recovered quickly. He acted like nothing happened and was back to his normal self within a few hours. It was so awesome and made me a happy mom! 

Maximus is 9 months now (almost 10!) and he loves to sit and play, is almost pulling himself up to things. Loves to babble and talk and laugh! He knows how to throw his toys and balls. He likes to eat cheese and chicken and stars soup. He may only have to wear his helmet another 2-4 weeks. He also loves music! anytime we have music or toys with music he just loves it. 

Tomorrow we go back to Primary Children's for his tonsil surgery. I was hoping his tonsils would go back to normal but they actually got bigger. So it will be better to get them out. I can't believe it's already here. I am not as nervous about him going under now. But I am nervous about his recovery this time. I hope he will eat soon and be back to his happy self as soon as possible too. I know it will be a rough week and I am prepared as best as I can be. I just hope he is like he has been with everything else, like, "Is this all you got guys?". He is so tough but so little. I will keep everyone updated on Facebook tomorrow and throughout the week. Keep the prayers and thoughts coming! And know that we appreciate each and everyone of you who are there to support and love us. Here are a few pics of the last few weeks. 

Eating a sucker



Laying with Daddy


Matching Ties



Eating Ice Cream with Daddy


Playing with stuffed friends, he loves these guys


Love you all! 

1 comment:

Oma said...

I am so glad he is doing SO WELL!! You are in my prayers and I am sure this surgery will go well too and will make a huge difference in his breathing and all. hugs to all, Treena