Oh boy, remember how I said I would be better at blog posts? I lied. Forgive me for the long post. PS my pictures are in random order because I don't want to take the time to rearrange them. Maximus is sleeping and if he wakes up before this is finished this post is history! Anyways, real quick update...
1. Maximus got his helmet as you can see in some of the photo's. It's been a difficult situation. We know it's working, however because he has such sensitive skin it's been causing sores and bumps to form. So today I took him in (for like the 10th time since we got the helmet a month ago) and we got a rescan for a new helmet with softer interior for his sensitive little head! He looks so dang cute in it! We will get the NEW helmet in a week and start over.... Ugh. Oh well at least we know its shaping his head. When we told the Dr he had sensitive skin he said "No worries, I've dealt with sensitive skin before!" When I went back for the rescan he said, "I really have dealt with sensitive skin before, but this is definitely a first!"
2. Maximus is 8 months old already. WOW! Time has flown. I cannot believe it. He now sits up on his own, rolls over from tummy to back, only takes one bottle a day in the morning and the rest of his meals consist of green smoothies and fruit and veggies packed with butter! He is starting to get a little more brave when he is sitting he wants to get things out of his reach but can't figure out how to move to do it. I'm sure it won't be long! He is saying Mama a lot now even though he doesn't know what it means. I'm on to teaching him Dada! He still loves his baths and it's even more fun now that he can sit up and play. He is a little explorer! Loves new environments, new people, and new toys. He is still on oxygen at night. Has to cuddle with something to go to sleep. And is finally reaching out at least to me when he wants to be picked up!
3. On the 21st of this month Maximus will be having a procedure done up at primary's where they go through the carotid artery in his leg up to his heart to measure the pressures it's sending to his lungs and to see about finding a cause for his Pulmonary Hypertension, while they are in there they will administer a few different medications to see which would be best to put him on for the hypertension. I am really really really really really nervous about this. But maybe it's because I'm his mom? They will be putting him under for this and the surgery is 3-4 hours long. It is same day surgery (if there are no complications) so that makes me feel better! But I am just so worried. I just hate the fact that he has to have it done and that he has to be put under. I also don't like that they will be in his heart and a main artery. I will have Tony and someone else give him a blessing and I'll probably get one too.
4. I am going to be leaving my little munchkin for the first time to go to Vegas with two friends for a Paparazzi Jewelry convention. I'm a little nervous about leaving him but I know he will be with his Daddy and Grandma's and be in good hands. But I'm leaving 2 days after his surgery! I'm hoping he will be recovered by then!
Anyway's thats a brief update for now. Here are some recent pictures!
Sleeping in his helmet holding his binki
Maximus & Marshall hanging out on Ruka the dog
This is the bump and sore that forms from his helmet
I was feeling very ambitious today and spent 2 hours making and stocking up on baby food!
Sleeping with monkey
Hanging with Daddy
We sat down for dinner one night and heard this weird sound! After searching for the sound we discovered it was a bird stuck in our fireplace! You can barely see it!
My cute boy!
Sleeping holding his toes!
I was at the Dr one day and he decided to have a blowout! And stupid me forgot to restock the diaper bag with diapers. So I made one out of his changing pad I had in there!
The Demolition Derby!
Sucking on his binki weird!
A video of him rolling over!
No comments:
Post a Comment