Thursday, August 2, 2012

Motherhood Mishap and More!

Hello friends! It's been too long. A lot has happened since July 7 (my last post date) So bare with me on this LOOOOOOOONG post! Where to start? Yesterday I suppose...

Found this saying on Pinterest last night, and all though I only have one child who's only 7 months I can attest to you that it's true (and I look forward to have more little distractions)!

We got home from a long weekend trip on Tuesday, two family reunions in one. And I desperately needed to unpack and get my house cleaned and laundry done. I was going crazy Tuesday night with the mess but I was too tired and sunburnt to do anything so instead I took a bath and went to bed! So yesterday the unpacking and cleaning began. It was one of those days where my previous job as a police secretary was missed! Anyways by 1pm I was sweating and was about half way done and I finally got junior down for a nap so I decided it was lunch time and sat down to eat and watch a show for a half hour. I got my lunch fixed and junior decided a half hour nap was good enough. The rest of the afternoon he was whiney, wanted to be held, and would NOT take another nap. I did however manage to get my cleaning and unpacking done by about 4:45pm. But spent about an hour tearing my vaccume apart because it (no fault on me) decided to eat my sons butterfly toy that he loves. Don't worry, I saved the butterflies! Just minor cuts and bruises! And luckily my son is not old enough to be upset by it yet! One of many motherhood mishaps I'm sure.





Anyways, because Maximus refused a nap, this is what we encountered at about 8pm last night. (I should not be posting this video because I look my worst and don't mind the double chin I've got going on, it's hard to get rid of) I was laughing so hard I was crying! He was so cute, and sooooooo tired. I had to put it into 3 videos because it was too long.




What else. Let see, we spent a weekend in Lava, ID at Tony's uncles house. We enjoyed tubing down the river, a car show, and seriously the best parade we've ever been to! The kids had more candy than you could get trick or treating on Halloween and it went down main street and turned around and came back! It was awesome. I highly recommend this parade at least once in your lifetime. (photos and video will have to come in another post)

The next weekend (this past weekend) we went to Tony's family reunion up mayfield canyon at 12 mile campground. We enjoyed good food, fourwheeling, lots of rain on Friday, and family time! Maximus was a real trooper having to be on oxygen the entire time because the elevation is at 10,000 feet. He was such a good little camper. (again photos and video in another post)

Then on Saturday we left there after breakfast and headed to Bear Lake for my family reunion. We had a blast! We swam at the pool several times, played games, and then Monday my parents rented a water trampoline and a jet ski and we played for 8 hours on that thing! It was so much fun with everyone there. The little kiddos didn't care for the trampoline too much and my mom doesn't like water so even though we felt bad leaving her with the four grandkids, she insisted and made us adults go play. It was nice! Thanks mom! She did get a good ride on the jet ski with my dad though. We also went into town to get the famous raspberry shakes. They were pretty delicious even Maximus loved it! (photos and video in another post also, waiting on the hubs to edit them first)

I never updated about Maximus sleep study that was done up at Primary's. I don't have the results yet but the poor little guy endured a lot! But pretty much thought it was the funniest thing ever until he had to go to bed. I have a ton of pictures so I'll try and pick just a few to share. And as soon as we have the results I'll let you know what's next.

Having a bath in the sink at the hospital, he loved it!


Eating the cords, another favorite thing to do


Getting hooked up


Tons of monitors


Ninja hat


Superman belt


Trying to get it off my head!


Caterpillar wrapped


Night night!


We went to the Hanger Institute today for his 2nd helmet evaluation. We are pretty sure we are going to go ahead and put it on him. He will only have to wear it for 10 weeks. I just feel like if we have to shave his head because his hair won't grow in then I want his head shape to be good. We will get the helmet next week.

Last but not least, Maximus is 7 months old now! I can't believe it. Time flies now days. He is getting 2 more teeth which will make 3 total, 2 on bottom and 1 on top! We just found the 1 on top and the 2nd on bottom this weekend. He is sitting up by himself now and is almost saying mama! He has only rolled over by himself once from belly to back, but I'm not sure he will ever really care for it. He still doesn't eat well, but I don't know if that's because of his teeth or what. Im not sure what he weighs right now, my guess is about 13 lbs. he is still wearing size 1 diapers and 3 month clothes. He is such a good baby! I can't complain about anything! He's so happy MOST of the time. I just love him to pieces!

New way of sucking his binki - with his bottom lip underneath it! 



Sleeping today on Mommy


New favorite toy - a milk jug!



Went to dinner the other night and Maximus had a major blow out all over his clothes! So I changed him in the truck and put a new diaper on him but didn't have ANY extra clothes because he had a blowout on the way home from Bear Lake this same day and I hadn't repacked the diaper bag. We had a few more stops to make and didn't want to take our naked baby inside the stores so Tony ran into Burlington and found him this gangster Jordan outfit! Needless to say Tony was pretty excited about finding it for him and now he wants matching Jordan shoes to go with it. We may have to find some on the internet.



Tony is still working two jobs. His real estate is doing pretty good. He has 4 potential buyers and is still working on getting some houses listed. If you or anyone you know is interested in buying or selling send them his way!

I have just recently become a Paparazzi Jewelry consultant and I'm really enjoying it! It's so fun! Please host a party with me if you have time and can! It's a lot of fun and you can earn free jewelry.

Well I think that's a long enough post to bore you, most probably didn't even read it this far. But if you did thank you! And hopefully I'll learn to post more often so as not to make it such a long post!

Ta ta for now!

-B

1 comment:

Melanie said...

those pictures of the sleep test are pretty funny. He's a good baby to put up with all the cords.