Friday, April 16, 2010

Update on the house...

So far we have torn out our master bathroom, and we also tore out a closet in the master bedroom to make it bigger. For some reason it had two and we didn't feel like we needed two. Since tearing out the bathroom we have a new tub, new window, and new tile! Iron Man did the tile for the shower and got it done the other night other than the grout, I think he will be working on that tonight. It looks pretty good and I am very proud of him even though im OCD and got after him about it not being perfectly lined up :) Sorry hunny! It looks awesome! Then Monday night me and my mom painted the first coat of paint in the master bedroom, and on Tuesday I painted the second coat of paint and the first coat of paint on the ceiling. So far it looks 100x better! I'm excited to see it finished. We are painting the back wall in the bedroom black and I haven't started that but am hoping to this weekend. Also I am going to try to get the other bedrooms and hallway painted this weekend too! We'll see.

Last night we went to home depot to buy the tile for the floor, the vanity's and a few extra things we needed, $500 later.... and the cabinets we bought still have to be stained which we haven't bought yet. PS while we were loading all the supplies in the truck, (picture me, at home depot helping carry big cabinets, tile, ect. in high heels and a dress. I'm sure I was laughed at a few times!) I picked up a box of little tiles to frame in the bathroom window, and I bet you can't guess what happened? CRASH! The box was inside another box that had no bottom. I looked at Iron Man expecting to be chewed out in front of everyone else who were loading their supplies. Oh and the whole time we were loading, some Home Depot guy with his orange apron on was watching us while standing around spraying equipment off! He watched me drop the tiles, but saved my life and a later argument because even though Iron Man hadn't chewed me out yet, I knew it was coming, Home Depot guy came over and picked them up and went inside and replaced them FREE! Thank goodness for him! Those tiles (24 of them) were 60 bucks! And 9 of them broke! I felt so stupid. But was glad Iron Man kept his cool and didn't make me feel worse.




No comments: