I found a picture on google of what my tonsils sort of look like... except mine are more red from the scars and bleeding....
Friday, June 5, 2009
Tonsilitis...WARNING! Don't look if you have a weak stomach...
So for the past couple of months I have been experiencing pain, discomfort and swelling of my tonsils. It hasn't been fun and It has gotten worse and worse. Plus I have been sick a lot in the last 5-6 months also, more than normally. I have had strep twice since February and it has basically knocked me out both times. Then about a month or so ago my tonsils started to look really bad, swollen and with little white patches on them and every once and a while I would cough up these yellowish stone things. I got scared and started looking it up and researching it, because I dont have insurance and didnt want to go keep going to the Dr. if it they were just going to tell me the same thing over and over. Finally after some reasearch it sounded to me like I had whats called Crypto Tonsilitis. So I went to the Dr. to find out for sure, he said that because I have been sick a lot basically my tonsils have had it and have created scars and holes and that food will get stuck in them and create the stones. I also found out I had strep once again. So he put me on an antibiotic and he sent me to a ear, nose and throat Dr. to see about getting them removed. Well about a week later, before I had made the appointment with the other Dr. my tonsils started bleeding pretty bad and getting worse and worse. So I finally made the appointment and I am finally going to get them removed. Mom had tried for years to get them removed and none of the Docters would do it. The surgeon that is going to remove them said that its pretty bad and that the strep and other sicknesses have caused the scarring and stuff. I am getting them removed on the 19th! I am scared but excited to finally get rid of the discomfort and pain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good Luck! Eat lots and lots of Icecream and popcicles! I hope all goes well!
So sad that you have been sick, but I hope it will help you not get sick so often. Good luck!
Post a Comment