Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Brave

I just want to take a few minutes and express grattitude to my Heavenly Father for sending me the bravest boy I know! For trusting me and my husband to take care of and love such a sweet spirit. 

I want to express my feeling from the past few DR appts. Warning you it may not be pleasant to read...

Today we took him into the dermatologist for a follow up appointment because a few weeks before when we took him in he had what we thought was a papilloma. His derm removed it (from a very sensitive area, his bum) by numbing the area and snipping it off. Come to find out that it was actually a form of wart that is much like the chicken pox but doesn't look at all the same. So when we took him in today we just thought he was checking to see if he had anymore and how the one removed looked. Well he did have more and my heart almost broke because me and Tony held him down while the dr scraped or poked the rest of them off of his hip, thigh, and lower back. This was not pleasant at all but that little boy, although he was screaming, took it like a champ! On top of that he wasn't feeling well today at all. I felt so bad and wanted to cry but I had to be brave for him. 

Also I took him for a follow up dentist appointment about a week ago and they needed new x-rays of his two year old molars. So again (this time by myself, Tony was unable to make it) I and a nurse held him down while he screamed for me 
and the hand to clamp open his mouth to get those super uncomfortable things for the x-Rays in his mouth (if you've been to the dentist and had x-Rays you should know what I mean!). It was awful, then we found out that his 2 year old molars have holes in them, no enamel at all and if we don't get them capped or wrapped he's going to lose them. AND the nerves in the teeth are pretty much at the surface, the dentist was suprised he would even eat anything! I told him that he even eats chocolate like crazy and he was shocked that it wasn't bothering him more or that Maximus wasn't in more pain. I believe the kid has an EXTREMELY high pain tolerance. How could he not? So he will be going under for I think the 10th time (3rd for teeth) to wrap or cap his molars and fix a few of the front ones. The dentist said he has to do some research on how to do it because his teeth are mis-shaped but he's pretty sure he can figure something out and we have faith in him! He's an awesome dentist and really just loves and cares for maximus so much. Same with his dermatologist, he actually has an 11X14 picture of him and Maximus hanging above his desk. I just love DR's like these two, they have the best interest in their patients and really truly love them. 

Anyways, I'm so proud to be Maximus mom. He is so awesome and so sweet. I just cannot express enough how brave this boy is. He's been through more in his almost 3 (yes his birthday is in less than a month!) years than I will ever endure in my lifetime. We just love him so much!! 

(Sorry if you've already seen the picture on Facebook, but this was taken today and I just love it, he's so happy for being sick and having a pretty rough and totally unexpected morning.) 


And I have to post this one as well! How many of you know any 3 year olds that can still take a bath in the sink?! I only know a few and I don't know if they would be as happy as this! (Ok maybe his little Goltz sister Ella would be, but she's about the only one I know!) he looks forward to taking a bath in the sink at grandma Rose house every time he goes! 


Anyways, good night all! 

No comments: