Saturday, September 20, 2014

When it Rains....

So I spent all day on Friday setting up a fish tank. Cleaning an old one, getting new rocks because the old one had like 1000 snails in it and I didn't know it until I had the whole tank set up. Had my mom come over and help me get it set up. And then decided to wait to put the fish in it until today (Saturday). 

Ha ha ha funny crazy morning we had! 
2:30am - I went down on the couch because Tony was sawing logs so loud I could not sleep, this has not happened in months by the way.

5:30am - I hear this loud crack or bang and wake up thinking someone is breaking into our house. I turn my flashlight on my phone and take a look around without getting off the couch because let's be honest I was a little afraid. But finally braced myself and got up to go see if I could find the source that woke me up. Nothing was out of the ordinary so I went back to the couch and just sat there. A few min passed, and I start to hear the pump on the fish tank get louder and louder. So I again grab my phone turn on the flashlight and point it at the fish tank (as if something was going to jump out at me, I should have just got up and turned the light on but I was still a little on edge!) well turns out the loud crack was my fish tank! The whole bottom cracked and water pouring out onto my floor and my cedar chest which I sat it on. So I ran upstairs to get Tony out of bed to help me. We got it cleaned up and tried to go back to sleep. I stayed on the couch because I was too tired to move my crap back upstairs. Plus I was mad because I was so excited about the fish tank. Lol lame I know. I think it's because the kids were excited so I got excited. 


The cracked tank! 😔

Ok....

8:15am - Tony comes rushing downstairs and out the garage waking me up, I was kinda confused until he ran in and yelled the basement is flooding!! Oh my gosh! What? I got up, ran down there and my craft room is flooded and water is still pouring in from the window well which is full of water. It was crazy. So we spent and hour cleaning that up while our kids had just woke up and was screaming at the top of the stairs at our gate we keep up so they can't get to the part we're remodeling. 







So that was our crazy morning. But the day turned out pretty good! I went to my moms super Saturday she planned and helped teach how to make duck tape purses and some other cute crafts! It was a lot of fun and much needed. Then came home and luckily my mother in law kept Tony's old tank from having scorpions and it is the same size I needed for my fish! So I'm attempting it again. This time I spent an hour cleaning it and getting it set up in the garage until I know for sure no leaks or cracks and it's not gonna break on me. So wish me luck! Here it is set up in my garage. Just water water and my rocks for now! If I ever get it set up sometime next week I will post about it! 


No comments: