I really have no excuse why this blog has been lacking lately except that pregnancy has gotten the best of me! YES! We're expecting! It's a BOY and he is due on Christmas day! Wahoo for us! I am 23 weeks along, so I am in my 2nd trimester and so far it has been way better than my first. I was so sick my first trimester. I actually paid a visit to the ER at week 9 for an IV full of fluids because I literally hadn't kept anything down for over 24 hours. I lost about 8lbs (wish I would have lost more!) I pretty much threw up everyday for 3 months. As soon as I got to my 2nd trimester things slowly started getting better and now that I'm more than half way through it I only have 1-2 days a week where I'm sick. I have had other symptoms such as pain in my legs, charlie horses and migranes but I will take all that over nausea 24/7 and throwing up everyday. Ever since I could feel him moving around it's been surreal. He moves pretty much constantly! He's a little wiggle worm. We had our 20 week ultra sound a couple weeks ago and even the ultrasound tech said he moves more than the average baby! Also everything went well at the ultra sound, he seems to be growing healthily and has all his little fingers and toes! The only thing that he mentioned was that one of his kidneys has not closed off completely (not exactly sure what that means) but he said I will have another ultra sound at 30 weeks and by then it should be fine and not to worry because it is very common in little boys, sometimes it just takes longer but by 30 weeks it should be normal.
We are very excited for our little guy to get here! The day we found out what we were having Tony asked me if we could go to Build-A-Bear and get something for him. It was such a thoughtful and cute idea and I was so excited! So we went and this is what we picked out...
He is so cute and I am so excited to get the nursery done. We have decided to theme the nursery around monkeys! We have also started the remodeling on the basement so we can get my scrapbook room moved downstairs so we can turn my current scrapbook room into the nursery. So far we haven't been too motivated and have been slacking on getting it done. We just finished painting one of the rooms downstairs. It will be a guest bedroom for now. We have a queen sized bed and a bunk beds to put in there and I have decided to also theme this room around all my M&M stuff since I have so much of it and no where to display it! Here are some before pictures of the rooms and as soon as we get them done I will post some after pics. Now that I am feeling better I hope to be better at posting on this blog!
This will be the M&M guest bedroom. It's in the basement.
This will be my office/scrapbook room, this is before I tore the first layer of wallpaper off yesterday! It was awful and took forever!
This is after the first layer of wallpaper, you can kind of tell that the second layer is painted over and that will be my project for next week. Hopefully I'll get it done by Wednesday!
PS
This is my cute almost 1 year old nephew! We went to 7 peaks a couple days ago and wore him right out. He really likes his uncle Tony and almost fell asleep on his arm. I thought this pic was so cute!
5 comments:
Fun update! I'm so glad you're doing better. I can't wait to see the newly redone rooms. I miss you!
Yay!
So excited for you! I bet your little guy is going to be a real firecracker. Glad to hear you are feeling better.
oh yeah, I made our blog private. Can you send me your gmail account so I can add you to the list?
YEAH FOR BOYS!!! I LOVE BOYS!
Sorry I didn't show for girls night, I had like a bazillion things going on. HAHAHAH Life is crazy!!
So excited for you! Boys are super fun! Glad to hear you are feeling better. Get everything done before trimester 3...you think you are uncomfortable now, if your little guy is still that active when he is 7+ lbs you are really in for it!
Post a Comment