For Christmas Iron Man made a dream of mine come true! He took me to New York for New Years! I was so excited I could hardly believe it was actually happening! We had a blast while we were there so bear with me I have A LOT of pictures!
The ball was two times bigger than any other year!
Driving to Vegas!
We missed our flight on Monday night. We were flying standby through a good friend of Iron Man's and we tried to make the 11:40 pm flight Monday night. We weren't able to get on that flight so his friend told us we would make it out of Vegas than out of Salt Lake if we could drive to Vegas before 11 on Tuesday we would make it to New York! So we went home, slept for 3 hours and got up at 3:30 to drive to Vegas!
Us by the bus stop in NJ.
We stayed at The Red Carpet in about 17 miles from Manhattan in NJ. When we got to NY there was no snow and that made us happy because we already knew it was going to be FREEZING! But Wednesday morning (31st) we woke up to about an inch and a half of snow! And it was still snowing! But we dressed as warm as we could!
Lincoln Tunnel
Ok... So I had a HUGE fear of the Lincoln Tunnel! I DID NOT want to go through this. I just don't like feeling confined or knowing that im going through a tunnel surrounded by gallons of water! But I made it through! And it wasn't that bad! Here are some more pics of the Lincoln Tunnel...
The first thing we saw when we got out of the Port Authority! New York Times!
Just A LOT of Taxi's
Eating at Saborro's pizza in Times Square!
A giant TV screen going up the side of a building
And of course we HAD to go to the M&M factory! I loved it in here!
Blue dressed as Elvis! So cute!
This porcilin statue was $250! I wanted it so bad! I dont know if you can see but green is in his hand!
We also stopped by the Hershey store!
The Hershey store
Iron Man with a HUGE candybar, yes it was real! And the syrup was a change container.
Me with the big candybar! YUM!
Just waiting in Times Square!
We waited for about 10+ hours for the ball to drop! It was FREEZING cold. Ryan Seacrest was about ten feet away from us reporting on MTV and he had a Coke sitting on the ground next to him and it was frozen solid in 10 min! Yeah it was cold. They said it was about 1*! I have NEVER been so cold in my life! I also had to go to the bathroom about three hours into it and once you were inside the gated area you weren't alowd to leave unless you weren't coming back. Can you say MISERABLE! I held it for like 5 hours! And when there was three hours left I told Iron Man I couldnt take it anymore we had to try and find a bathroom! I was in so much pain! I thought I was going to die. So we talked our way out of the gated area and went to a hotel, the Marriot. You had to have a hotel card to even get into the hotel! So we walked a few more blocks to another hotel! Same thing! When we got there the guy asked us for our hotel card and Iron Man said "no we dont have one" and the guy was like "well go check in at the front desk". LOL so while Iron Man "pretended" to check in I went to the bathroom! Oh my gosh! I was so happy! Then once we left the hotel we had to talk our way back into the gated areas. Iron Man being the smart one just started telling the officers that Officer Xou? (I think that was his name) told us we could come back through because I had an emergency! It worked the first time but the second officer wasn't taking our story, but finally after a few min let us into another gated area! So we got back THANK GOODNESS! Cuz we just waited for hours to watch the ball drop and it was the whole reason we went to NY! Wow! That was a long story! Onward...
These were the gated area's
We weren't actually in a gated area. We didnt know we were suppose to be in one! And they were full by the time we found out we were. So Iron Man just waited until an officer wasnt looking and then just moved a gate and we went through! No one even noticed! It was awesome!
It was snowy! And about to get dark!
This is where we were. This is the MTV stage. We saw Ryan Seacrest, Kelly Pickler, and a few others. I didnt get any pictures because we weren't that close and neither of us are big fans of any of them.
Just waiting still....
This was funny. They are the free NIVEA hats you see everyone wearing on their heads! But some were putting them on their feet! I guess to try and keep warm! But I dont think it would have helped much!
Sargent Warren! He was AWESOME! He thought we were CRAZY to come all the way from Utah to watch the ball drop! Maybe we were! But it was worth it!
A bunch of balloons just waiting to be let go!
5 more min! OH MY GOSH! The last 5 min were killer!
This video is of the ball raising to the top, I think this was around 6pm.
This video just shows the craziness of it all. We had a few hours left at this point
This is when they let the balloons go! Like 15 min before midnight! Sorry Im a HORRIBLE camerawoman!
This is it! Sorry again! Im not very good at recording! 39 seconds!
After I took my hat off after wearing it for like 12 hours! Scary.
Subway station
Madison Square Garden
A post office! It was HUGE!
For Jason! Yes I thought about you on my trip!
This was a hospital
A parking lot.... I dont know how it works.
A cool car
Ground Zero! It doesn't look much different from 5 years ago when I went. Other than the streets are cleaner.
Dow Jones building
The Statue of Liberty! We didn't go over to it because we didn't want to spend the money. It was too much, plus the line was really long!
Us with Lady Liberty in the background!
This little guy kept following me! He was so cute! I think he wanted food!
Yep. Wall St.
Brooklynn Bridge
Pearl st./Wall st.
Yep! It was a cool store! I had to go in there even tho I would never buy anything from there.
Inside Tiffany's
NY Stock Exchange Building
Cool Cube with a hole through it
Some weird wax/who knows statue.
Canal street. Where you can buy cheep crap
The empire state! I have more pics of this but ill have to post them later because Iron Man has them!
In the subway tunnel waiting for the subway.
Elmo and Cookie monster in Times Square!
The Wendy's we ate at every single night!
An expensive restaurant in the JFK. We couldnt get on the flight at 7:55am because we took the wrong subway and missed the flight! So we had to wait and try and catch the 8:15pm flight! So more waiting! We had been up since 4:30am! And we still had to fly into Vegas and drive home!
Iron Man thought he would be funny and take a pic of me sleeping in the airport! I was so tired! We both were! We finally made it into Vegas at 11 pm! And then tried to drive home but we only made it to about Cedar City before having to pull over and get some sleep. We made it home at about 9:45 am on Sunday morning, made breakfast and slept for like 5 hours!
This is Mr. Fitch... You know Abercrombie and Fitch? Yeah supposedly thats his company! This guy was a JERK! Him and his wife missed their flight, set off the door alarms because they thought they could still get on the plane because it was delayed. But they had already closed the doors and stuff. He was so mad! And his wife was even worse!
Anyways that was our trip in a nut shell! I actually have more pics that I will post later this weekend! I forgot my camera one day so Iron Man has all those pictures. I am so greatful to have him in my life! He is amazing! Truly changing me into a better person! I really hope I can have him forever! But we'll see! Thanks so much for being so awesome and making me feel like a million dollars Iron Man! Your the best!
2 comments:
Oh my heavens - your trip looked like so much fun! New York looks amazing. What a fun (COLD!) time to go! How cool to watch the ball drop! It was fun looking at all your pictures! :)
So it sounds like you guys had a great time! Too bad you didn't go over and see Lady Liberty up close. When I first saw her...I started to cry.
Post a Comment