It's been a long 2 months with this kiddo! He has been sick more than being well. Long story short he keeps getting sick (strep throat, croup, pneumonia) and then finishes an antibiotic and within 3 days of finishing starts a super high fluctuating fever so I take him back and he has something else. So Sunday was no different he woke up cranky but I didn't think anything of it. We got to church and he almost immediately fell asleep on me. Which is totally not him, unless he's sick.... Then he broke out with the fever. I finally went home at about 11:30 took his temp and it was 103.9. I got him in to the dr and his ears were clear, lungs sounded fine, but his throat was really red and swollen so the dr thought for sure he had strep again. The test was negative. So I went home and stayed on top of the Tylenol ibuprofen every 4 hours. We went to dinner at Tony's moms, he was pretty ok until about 7, and then he spiked a high fever again and pretty much was out of it the rest of the night there. We got home about 9:45 and at 10:30 he started having these seizure episodes and scared me! He would just act like he got struck by lightening was sort of paralyzed and acted like he had no idea who I was or where he was and he was crying like someone was hurting him real bad. So we made the decision to just take him in to the ER. There they took x-Rays of his lungs again and gave him some ibuprofen to bring his fever down. The x-Rays still showed the pneumonia. And told me the seizures were just from the fever or body temp going up rapidly. So the dr wrote me a prescription (which was wrong and another story all in itself he allergic to amox and I told the dr that so I don't know what happened. But luckily my mother in law noticed it before I gave it to him!) and sent us home. We got home about 1:15am. At 2:30 he woke up having another seizure. This time no fever at all...
And then again at 5 with a slight fever of 100.3. So I wasn't entirely convinced it was from the fever. So I took him into his pediatrician today and spent an hour brainstorming. He looked at both x-Rays and the one from the ER visit showed it looked better than the one from the first ones a few weeks ago so he said it was just taking time to clear up. His tonsils also have white pus like things in them so that indicates a virus which has to run its course. So he doesn't need an antibiotic. Then as far as the seizures they are caused from rapid temperature changes and fevers but also because Makaius has night terrors (which have gotten better since they started but he still has them) the night terrors increase sometimes with sickness especially if the child is over heated or has a fever so they will have those episodes of seizures. So we are going to watch him the next few weeks and if they don't stop or he doesn't get better then we will see a neurologist and go from there. I'm praying that he just gets better and we don't have to go there. I'm really hoping it's all clear before girls camp next week! But I know if it's not daddy will take good care of him and it will be ok.
He did not want these on at all! I don't blame him.
Sleeping after crying most of the ER visit.
Sweating profusely after his fever broke. Poor kid!
On a cute side note, Maximus refused s nap today even though he really needed one. So this is what happens when he refuses... He falls asleep after eating dinner. I have a video too but my phone won't let me upload it to blogger! So I'll have to post another day. Love these kiddos!





No comments:
Post a Comment