This brave little boy of mine started preschool yesterday! I cannot believe he is 3 years old and has graduated from Kids On The Move and moved on to early head start.
It was an emotional day for all of us. He is going to be riding the bus to and from school but the route wasn't set up for the first day so me and Tony took him yesterday. It was really hard to leave him. He was crying and did not want us to go. But we had to be brave as well and just walk out the door and trust his teacher and aides to take care of him for the next 3 hours. It was so sad. I cried just a little. It is so hard sending them off to school for the first time! I've struggled with the emotion for the past couple weeks and tried to brave and prepare myself but it didn't make it any easier.
He did end up having fun and when we picked him up he was happy to see us!
Then today was the first bus ride to and from school! The only picture I have is of him crying and trying to go. But he was upset a little. But this little guy is so brave! Can you imagine being so small, not being able to talk, feeling safe, and then getting into a big bus and being strapped in without the two people who understand you the best! That is scary! I was so scared for him and so sad. It was everything me and Tony could do to walk away and watch him drive off and then not break down and cry. Even his brother was worried. But we got through it! And when 3:30 rolled around we sat on the couch and waited for his return! We all couldn't wait! He came home on the bus and was not crying. He was happy and we asked him if he had a good day and he said yes and it seemed to go really good!! They said he got a little sad and had a harder time at school but over all did really well. We sent a picture of me and Tony with him and I think that helped! I think it's just going to take time for all of us to adjust. But I know we will.
I just had to let you all know how proud we are of our miracle Maximus! We love him so much!


No comments:
Post a Comment