Thursday, June 13, 2013

Been a Little MIA...

So... 

It's been a while friends! I was ill with baby BOY #2 for 22 weeks. Literally, I did not do anything but lay on the couch and in my bed and sit by the toilet about 60% of the time. This pregnancy has been worse as far as being sick. I did not throw up near as much with Maximus. But I'm almost 27 weeks now and I'm doing much better. Just stressed and have a little bit of pain in my back and pelvis and ribs. Our ultra sound with this baby went really well and we are hopeful that he will be a strong healthy boy. Not that Maximus isn't strong and healthy because he is, but just more medically challenged. 

Tony is still working hard at the Real Estate thing and it's going really good for the most part! He is really learning a lot and enjoying it. He hopes to continue building up his clientele and making it work! 


I wanted to let everyone know that we are going to attend a Goltz research conference in just over a month! We weren't sure if we we're going to be able to make it but it's kind of a once in a lifetime opportunity as far as we know. It's the first one ever and may be the last. So we had to sign Maximus up. It's going to be in Houston, Texas from the 22-27 of July. We will be able to meet about 15 other people affected by Goltz alone and 100+ affected by just the skin condition called Ectodermal Dysplasia. It is through this National Organization that I came across through a facebook group I found on Goltz Syndrome. We are really excited for this and it's going to mean so much to our family to see others affected and meet them and their families. I think I cried for a couple hours when I found all this! LOL. I just feel like it will help us and Maximus so much. So, one of the reasons I blog about this is because we are on a very tight budget and still have quite a few medical bills we are trying to pay off. We have given it much thought and prayer and have decided to set up an account for donations to help pay for this conference. If anyone of you would like to donate to Maximus's Goltz Research it would mean so much to our family and help us out more than you can imagine! We have set up the account through Mountain America Credit Union. To donate you can do it a few different ways:

1. Walk into any Mountain America Branch and tell them you'd like to donate to Maximus's Goltz Research fund.
or
2. Call or send money to any Mountain America Branch and use this account #9634386. 

Also I've added this to the side --> of my blog in case you forget or don't want to search for this post!

Thank you in advance to anyone that donates. We hope to give back in some way as soon as we can! And now that I'm feeling better I hope to keep this updated more often! I can now do it straight from my phone and I've figured it out a little better so I hope to blog a couple times a week. 


Maximus the last couple months... Where do I start? He has had a lot going on since my last post so bear with me on this one! It might be looooooong!

Last post was pre surgery for separating his fingers. I never posted about after. So here are a few pics.

Pre-Surgery just waiting

Sometime after (a few weeks maybe?) snoozing on Grandpa


We had to take an expensive trip to the ER up at Primary's because I was an idiot and gave him a bath wrapping his arm in a gallon sized bag and taping it up thinking it would work, well it didn't and soaked his cast. Which is not supposed to get a drop of water on. So this is a picture of the cast off about 5 days after surgery. 


The picture of me and him is part of the white plaster cast, the first one. The red cast is the one he got at the ER visit, the second cast. 


Taking a bath holding his arm out of the water, this cast was much better because it didn't matter as much if it got a little wet. 

All in all the surgery and recovery went well. He wore the cast for a month and the adjustment to two fingers has been good. Still very sensitive to touch especially between the fingers since he has never experienced touch between them. He still keeps them pretty close together, but slowly working on using them separately. 
This is a video of him crawling with the cast. If you've ever seen the movie Mighty Joe Young he crawls just like the gorilla on that movie! It was so cute!



Some other favorite photos
This is how we announced to our families of baby # 2 at 10 weeks. 


Just Maximus and Mom one early morning going to a Dr appointment


Cute little smily boy


Getting into mischief 


LOVES playing in the dirt!




Maximus went under again in April for another two procedures. We found out he has no enamel on his teeth, and it was causing infection so he had to get them wrapped with a protective sealant. They just pull back his gums a little and wrap each tooth with I think just a cap type thing. He also had his tear ducts probed the same day. Both Dr's were amazing and willing to work together! It was so nice! We have recently last week found out he may be losing vision in his left eye. So on the 19th we go up to the U of U to another specialist to see another eye Dr for a second opinion to see if he will either need to wear a patch on his right eye for a period of time to see if it will strengthen his left vision or if he will yet again need another surgery... 


Also LOVES the water! 





Maximus is also almost walking everywhere! He has a bit of a limp and we think he is delayed because of that so we are going to see another physical therapist to see if they can figure out exactly whats causing it. Hopefully nothing too serious and he will still be able to continue walking. 

Here are some other video's if you want to take time to watch any of them!

Playing with Daddy


crawling like Mighty Joe Young



walking outside with walking toy




Hope this wasn't too long or boring! 

1 comment:

Oma said...

Hey sweetie, I love your blog and I love this little guy! What progress he is making and how hard he tries to do everything! What a giant he is in may ways!
So happy about Max's little soon to be brother. Take care of yourself. hugs, t