Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I would rather....

Be at home in my PJ's. I am sitting here at work with not a whole lot going on. Pretty much all I have to do today is wait for a couple of students to come in and pick up their uniforms, book in some evidence, and return a few voicemails from yesterday, which I'm putting off because they are all from students who want to make an appointment to appeal their Parking BAN from campus and the earliest appointment I have is the first of May and usually they're not too happy to hear that and I get an earful about how unfair it is that they have to wait that long to get parking privileges back, even though meeting with the appeal committee does not guarantee they will get parking privileges back. Exciting day huh?
There are a million things I could be doing at home. Scrapbooking, finish reading Mockingjay (third book in The Hunger Games), sleeping, laundry, organizing oh boy do I have a lot of that to do!, and spending more time on my craft business. I wish I could figure out a way to get paid while doing these things at home. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
To make matters worse all I can think of at work is my parents and two younger siblings leaving for St. George today for the rest of the week. It's Spring Break. I can picture them driving in the Denali. My dad on the phone most of the way still working, talking business. My mom probably reading her kindle or trying to find a happy medium between Skipper my almost 17 year old sister and Stitch my 9 year old brother (whom I'm sure are fighting over what movie to watch on the screen in the back seat). So rough - sometimes growing up sucks.
I do however look forward to the day that me and Tony can take our kids on fun filled adventures and spend time as a family. And I also look forward to being a stay at home mom where I may not get a paycheck but the rewards are far greater than any amount of money. Plus if I play my cards right I may just be able to come up with something from home to make some extra cash while staying home.
Anyways this blog post is getting quite boring. I shall go now. Wish me luck making it through the day and that I'll have enough time tonight after work, errands and the gym, to read my book or take some time to scrapbook.

Ta Ta for now.

-B

2 comments:

T.J. and Jennifer Miner said...

I hear ya! I actually spent 2 nights up til 2a.m. finishing the hunger games series, the only time I can read is after my kids are asleep!

Jerry and Ella said...

I love your post!! And just to make things very clear I missed you while being on vacation. I missed seeing you, Trever, and ash chase each other all over the pool trying to see which one would throw the other one in the pool or dunk each other, or even the stan on my shoulder thing. I miss having all my kids around me each day. Days filled with laughter, fighting, screaming, complaining, and just the "I'm board"
But I will also have to say I really love where your life is right now. Yes it has up and downs and bumps in it as you ride along on your way but you are a incredible girl and I'm so proud of you and I'm more proud to be your mother.
I hope that you got to your book at some point while I was gone and I hope that you get all the stuff you want done done at some point.